Jun 4, 2010

Procrastination...


...is something I'm very very good at.  Because I practice.

If you're ever doing National History Day during the summer, and it's not on the Muppets ** you can do any number of things.  It's amazing what you notice when you're trying really hard not to e-mail very smart people about what they know a lot about.  Like, say, the Missing Children's Assistance Act of '84 = there is a pesky amount of dirt in my big toe nail which needs to be removed immediately.


I'd just like to say, right here, that I woke up this morning with the best of intentions.  I was going to get up and do what I was supposed to do.  I was going to e-mail the smart people, and work on my second point and fix up my process paper.  I really was.  So I plopped my self down and started e-mailing smart people.  Then I realized I wanted to look at my paper while I e-mailed my smart people.  So I looked through a collection of drafts, each helpfully and oh-so-organizedly were named things like: Death 101, Whydoinothavealife, alkdjfalkjdf, and DRAFTHELP!! and finally found the most recent version: itstoolatetothink.  Which I, and you may do the same, took 30 seconds to re-name: Nationalssamethesis.


Phew, 30 seconds spent improving NHD.  Time for a break.


You then must start looking around, and notice that the kitchen is unbearably messy. (I don't know about yours but mine is usually messy, but hardly ever unbearably so.)  And that baby brother needs breakfast (he wanted cereal, so I made pancakes from scratch). And that you have abusively ignored Mark Bittman's webpage for a whole day.  (Ice cream maker-less Sorbet requires a food processor).


If your ever in need of something to procrastinate with, take it from a pro, Mark Bittman's videos on how to make food that requires a food processor is the way to go.  


Then, after your bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and baby brother have all been squeaky-cleaned you can write a blog.  This can take a long time, depending on how long the blog is.  Wonderful, right?


Then you can realize that a blog without a flickr pic is hardly a blog at all. So, look through lego storm trooper pics.  Remember quotes like "Do or do not, there is no try" or "Powerful you have become, the dark side I sense in you" or "That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookies are known to do that."  Giggle at yourself and your nerdiness.


Well, I'm done procrastinating for now.


If theres anther blog up in five minutes, you'll know why.


Smile,


Katie


PS- I pinky promise that one day soon we'll explain why we actually made this blog.  But we're procrastinating about that too.  So, soon.  You know, like within the year.


**If you are doing it on the muppets, simply begin at episode one of season one (Called Sex and Violence) and watch until you fall asleep.  This can be called research.  Genius, ne?

No comments:

Post a Comment